Monday, October 21, 2013

October Cancellations

So 4 shows have gotten the axe; Lucky 7, We Are Men, Ironside and Welcome to the Family.

I never really checked out Lucky 7 so I can't tell you much about it.  I was going to check it out on Hulu and may still will, but I can probably see why it became a victim.

We Are Men starred an unkown actor with three veteran stars including, Jerry O'Connell, Kal Penn and Tony Shalhoub.  This show was pretty funny with some dumb antics that single guys who think they are still young do.  There were a lot of very good comedies that it was up against and it was eventually going to be dropped regardless of the cast.  The premise was too weak.  Sorry Tony.

Ironside stars Pablo Schrieber and the great Blair Underwood.  I hate to say it, but I did kind of call this one.  As I said before Remakes usually do not survive; Knight Rider and Bionic Woman were recent others.  Hawaii 5-0 is the only one that I know of that is still running strong, but now I think it may be in trouble.  I hope not.   I know they were trying to keep the Ironside remake similar to the original with a modern twist, but it had a hard time keeping my attention, even though I have not missed an episode.  Oh well.  Best of luck to Blair, Pablo and the rest of the cast.  They will have new projects very soon.  They are too good of actors not to.

I was pretty shocked by Welcome to the Family.  I thought Fox's Dads with Green and Ribisi would be cancelled before this one, but I was wrong.  I really like this show.  I was very funny and even the young, soon to be parents, teenagers kept me interested.  Chavira and O'Malley really sold the show in my opinion and McCormick was just as funny as she was in USA's In Plain Sight.  I think they were dropped because NBC is still more strict on their Thursday comedies than anything else.  Parks and Recreations are the new veterans and going very strong.  The other new comedies on Thursdays for NBC are Sean Saves the World (Stupid Title) starring Sean Hayes and The Michael J. Fox Show (Again stupid title).  I think NBC held on to those two shows (for now) simply because of who is in them.  I never had any interest in them.  I may check out an episode of each to see, but I doubt I will stay with them.  I feel that canceling this show was a bad idea, but I am not in the show business.

I predict the next possible cancellations; Dads (Fox), Betrayal (ABC), Michael J. Fox Show (NBC) and Back In The Game (ABC).

Later..........

No comments:

Post a Comment