Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Make Your Mark

Per the request of a friend, we decided to see the movie, The Good Dinosaur.   I will admit I was not sure if I wanted to see this movie even though I never miss a Pixar film, but I am a bit cautious when Pixar decides to release 2 films in one year.   The same with The Marvel Cinematic Universe.  So with a slightly closed mind I prepared to see this movie.  

The movie starts off with a hypothetical asking what if 65 million years ago, the asteroid didn't hit the Earth killing the dinosaurs.  Even though I do not enjoy speculation,  I do love hypothetical movies.  Millions of years later it shows how life on Earth could be if that happens.  It was kind of nice, showing the birth of a new family and those in the family learning their way I life.  

It was to me, pretty much predictable until the young dinosaur starts on his challenging journey.  In a nutshell, he suffers a loss, meets some new people, learns some life lessons and makes a friend from an enemy.

This movie had to grow on me and it did.  As it progressed, it just got better, to me.   The two folks who went with me weren't too impressed (including the one why suggested it), but I ended up thoroughly pleased with it.   

One of them said it was really good from a kids prospective, but I rate all movies mostly the same.  This movie was very good.   Like Inside Out, it was pretty thought provoking and could challenge your way of thinking only if you open your mind to the hypothetical.  

Check it out if ya like.  I would see it again with my nieces and nephews.  

Score: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment