Sunday, May 28, 2006

All These Jesuses

Fun times. My mother came into town for a week long visit and we decided to introduce her to the Pocket Sandwich Theater (http://www.pocketsandwich.com/). Our good friend Heather also joined us. They were performing Steel Magnolias. Most of you might remember the movie starring Dolly Pardon, Sally Field, Julia Roberts, Shirley MacLaine, Daryl Hannah & Olympia Dukakis. I'm not going to rate this movie, but I will give a brief comment.

When the show started I was bummed to discover that we did get any popcorn. Usually, the audience get to throw popcorn at the performed for fun, but I guess it's not at every show for on the back of the program we notice something that would appear just after the title of the show, "Another Popcorn Tosser". I all made since now.

As the show went on I realize that this was more of their serious comedies (I know oxymoron). Some of their other plays are hammed up for fun. The last show we saw like that was called Phantom Of The Opera (our introduction to Pocket Sandwich). It was great & hilarious. Steel Magnolias was a wonderful performance and definately moved us at the end. Now I have to see the movie again for I mixed up this movie with Fried Green Tomatoes. Common mistake I'm sure.

We will be going back to Pocket Sandwich Theater to see future shows including their improv comedy. Check out the link above if interested and for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment