Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So What If.....

Movie Review: The DaVinci Code


Well, I was definately looking forward to this movie until it was a week before I was going to see it and people started to bombard me with reports on how this movie got really bad reviews, people were disappointed, and the greatest thing, religious groups protesting the movie itself.

Here's my story. I sort of organize a movie night outing that happens every Tuesday night at a theater nearby my house that only charges $4 on Tuesdays. Things were going great and the group grew, but then we hit a little shakey situation. We vote every week on what to see and this past Tuesday, The DaVinci Code won. With this report some folks of the group decided to not go to see the code, for religious reasons, and decided to see "Over The Hedge", another movie I wanted to see. I wasn't really upset, but was thrown off. This kind of thew a small wrench in the plan, but as the great MLK said or sang rather, "we shall overcome".

Here is my opinion on this and movie. I really enjoyed the movie. I looked at it as being similar to a treasure hunt (Indiana Jones, National Treasure, & Sahara). I like watching these type of movies and kind of going along trying to solve it. I thought I figured it out 3 times until the movie actually ended. It definately kept my attention. Robert Langdon (Hanks) character seemed a bit subdued, but Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou) kept things going. My favorite character was Leah Teabing (Ian McKellen), he was very entertaining. Actually when Teabing first appeared someone in the audience loudly said "Magneto", which made a lot of us laugh. Overall it was a good movies. Not sure if I would buy it yet.

So what if all of those things they state in the movie & book is true. I don't think it would really affect that much of current religion anyway. I actually thing it might enrich our faith, but who knows. IT FICTION!!!!! As many people say.

Definately check it out, but see it with a very open mind.

Here are some of my friends opinions:

"eh, a good fictional romp through history" - Sin

"Had some good...but that monk was scary as balls!!!!" - Da Staples

No comments:

Post a Comment