Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mint

Just checked out Super 8.  I will admit I was not initially interested in this movie.  Had a tough time figuring out what it could be about.  Given that the movie was written and directed by J.J. Abrams and Spielberg was involved, it could be about anything. The only thing that got me wanting to see this film was because of J.J.  I have been a fan of his work since Alias.  I watched and love the shows Lost & Fringe and I even enjoyed Undercovers until NBC decided to drop it.

The film was pretty good.  I would say it was intense and comical (The one blond kid was especially funny).  People say it was like Goonies.  I failed to see that comparison.  Even though the film kept my attention during my zoned out state, the main thing that kept going through my mind was, "What does the title have to do with what's going on?"  That was answered later on.

Pretty much I would say this film was ok.  It was good that didn't over hype it.  That would probably make the movie a bit disappointing.  The soundtrack was pretty cool though.

I give it a B-/C+.  Typical film working with Spielberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment