Tuesday, January 26, 2016

TV Review - Cutthroat and Funny

This was another cooking show that my wife started watching on Netflix.  It was pretty much the most interesting cooking competition reality show I have ever seen.  The main premise like most cooking shows is to make the best tasting and presentable dishes for the host and the judges to try out and the one who is the most impressive wins, but wait there's more.  A difference in this show is that the contestants get some money before the competition starts and they can use that money while cooking to barter off something the host presents that could be a disadvantage for their competitors.  That to me is the interesting part.  

I also find it entertaining (some episodes) that they do so much trash talking.  I don't remember the chefs talking to each other as much while cooking as the chefs on here did.  The host, Alton Brown is pretty funny and sarcastic, but in a good way.  He is also the host of Good Eats, appears regularly on Food Network Star and Iron Chef America.  Like I said before, the shows are interesting, but I don't think I can follow the show religiously.  This will pretty much be one of her shows.  If I walk in the room while she is watching the show, I will most likely will finish an episode with her.  Maybe even start an another one.


I could not find a preview of the show, but here is a full episode (hopefully it will stay).  Check out the actual show on Food Network or Netflix.  Also visit the Cutthroat Kitchen Website.


No comments:

Post a Comment