Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Whoop That Trick

Movie Review
Hustle & Flow

Starring Terrance Howard, Hustle & Flow is about a pimp (D Jay) who decided to move on with his life and engage the rap arena. He runs into an old friend from school, Kay (Anthony Anderson), who currently does music production for various groups including his own church, and asked him on way he can start the venture.

I felt the movie was neccessary top show, but I felt that it could have had more tecture. Even though I not too much into current hip hop now, I enjoyed some of the tracks D Jay & Kay laid down. It definately shows why some of the lyrics released by some artists are the way they are. They are basically telling life the way they see it in the only language they know. As they would say, if you don't like it don't listen to it.

This movie also stars DJ Qualls, Taryn Manning & Taraji P. Henderson with a short apperance by Ludacris.

I would definately recommend everyone movie appreciator to check out this movie. See Saw on being an owner, but probably not a waste of money. Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Whoop that trick....get em!!! HAHA...
    It's hard out there for a pimp....something, something, something, it's hard out there for a pimp....bitches jumpin ship!! Good Times! Methinks I'll invest in the soundtrack..just so I can play Whoop that trick!

    ReplyDelete