Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fri, Sat. and Sunday Fall '15 Premiere Reviews Part Two

ABC - Grade 6/10
Ken Jeong is back in television and is now in a staring role showing off his past profession in a comedic way.  He does have a very funny supporting cast including Dave Foley (Kids in the Hall and News Radio), Suzy Nakamura (Curb Your Enthusiasm and Ten Things I The About You), Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife and Fresh of the Boat) and Tisha Campbell-Martin (Martin & House Party).  This show is a nice watered down comedy show that ABC produces with a slight edge without offending anyone (kind of).  It's is worth checking out.




NBC - Grade: 8/10
The folks are back and they are ready to mess with and offend.  The premiere season host was Miley Cyrus and I must say that I am still curious on why there is so much extreme hatred for this woman.  She is being herself.  This pattern of her becoming the person she is now is not that shocking.  At least not to me.  Now is she really pushing it too far?  Probably, but that is a matter of perspective.  Like I said, this now that shocking, I kind saw this transition happening since Hanna Montana.  You people need to change your focus.  Moving on.  I felt Miley did great, the skit Hillary Clinton was in was fun, Weekend Update was, as usual, a blast to see and the rest of the cast did a great job in this premiere.  I look forward to a great season.




CBS - Grade: 8.5/10
Patricia Arquette is kicking it strong like she did on the past hit NBC show, Medium.  The last remaining Crime Scene Investigation show enters it's second season.  Now this is the first CSI show that I actually started on season one.  Correction, the second CSI show.  I also tried out CSI NY starring Gary Sinise, but tapered off after season two because of interest and mostly time.  I am enjoying Cyber though I find the cast kind of questionable, including Shad Moss (formerly rapper Bow Wow) and new member, Ted Danson (Cheers and the original CSI series).  I don't think transistioning Danson from CSI: Las Vegas to Cyber in D.C. was a bad idea, just unsure how it will turn out.  We shall see I guess.  I must also add that I am not happy that Peter MacNicol is no longer on the show.  Not sure why he is gone.  They used the story of him being promoted, so maybe he will have a re-occurring role?  Who knows?  He might have a new big project on the horizon.  That's usually how it works.  I like him on Cyber although I rather see him in comedic roles like in Ally McBeal (BTW, curious about Calista Flockhart in Supergirl).  Last, but not least, Mr. James Van Der Beek  I have enjoyed a lot of his work since Dawson's Creek, which I have never seen, but was curious how he would be after that and he (along with Joshua Jackson) are doing great!!!  The ladies  of the Creek, Katie Holmes and Michelle Williams, not so much, but I love you guys, too.  Van Der Beek turns into an ultimate bad ass character both in braun and brain as now only does he shows his awesome skills as a detective/investigator he also shows the techs in the show what he knows in their field as well.   Very impressive, Elijah!  If you haven't checked out this series, try it out.  If you were a fan of the CSIs you may also like this one.  This show can turn into the long survivor for the CSI franchise like Special Victims Unit is for Law & Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment