Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Early Fall '15 Premiere Reviews

AMC
Well this was a long time anticipated show.  The spin off from the epic AMC show about the post-apocalyptic zombie world starts off pre and during the apocalypse.  Out in Los Angeles, a few families start to see the early signs of the walkers come about and they, along with the military, figure out to survive the evitable doom.  The first season, like The Walking Dead, is only 6 episodes long.  Just short enough for you take in and understand the premise of the show (if you haven't gathered that from it's predecessor).  If you are a Dead fan, I of course highly recommend you check this out.
Keeper: Yes    Grade: 8/10
 



HULU
The show dropped by Fox and, by popular demand, saved by Hulu returns with a fourth season and man did it return big.  First episode starts off by really throwing you off.  Let's say they use a scientific theory to show you what else goes on in the mind of Dr. Mindy Laheri.  I am very happy that Hulu decided to take on this show showing how truly valuable and enjoyable this show truly is.  Now if you are some of those people who do hate the show or at least Mindy Kaling, then I'm sorry.............for you.  For those who have never seen this show, it is worth checking out and letting it grow on you (that is what it took for me).  Looking forward for a great season, that now on a streaming service will peobably be only 10 to 13 episodes. 

Enjoy.
Keeper: Yes     Grade: 7/10
 
 
HULU
Another Hulu Original Show except it is truly original, which BTW, TANGENT, Hulu, Netflix, Yahoo and probably Amazon, if you save a show from the clutches of being cancelled by the networks I feel they are not you original, but they do become your show.  Just my thought, but you do you.  Ok.  3rd season of the Awesome, like the previous season is turning out to be................very good (HA!).  I really enjoy this show and it should just keep going until they run out of ideas, which should be a long time coming.  If you haven't, check out this series.  It is a great spoof on super heroes and I know there are a few of them out there.
 Keeper: Yes     Grade: 8/10
 
 
CBS 
The prodigy turned late night genius is back accepting the baton from the great David Letterman.  When he accepted this gig I wondered how he would conduct the show and if he would keep the faux conservative pundit or just be his crazy self.  Well the pundit is somewhat gone, but I think you csn see a little bit of the character on the show.  Now like all other current late night talk shows, I will only be watching highlights on YouTube.  I feel he is going a great job so far.  I should not have had any wonders or doubts because he has more than proven himself on Comedy Central and CBS just don't pick anyone.  They, like a lot of the networks carefully choose their hosts.  So check it out, even if it is just the highlights.  You should not be disappointed.  I will say that the band director will have to grow on me.
Keeper: Yes     Grade 7/10



COMEDY CENTRAL
Yes sir, the boys are back.  I will admit I was pretty worried that this show may not come back.  The reason is because I notice they didn't drop any new episodes for more than 6 months.  I was like, "What the hell?!!", but then in late spring, the announcement was made that they signed two more seasons with Comedy Central and will return in September '15.  So excited was I.  The season premiere was outstanding, of course hitting on various issues and Stan's father stupidly got involved in some shenanigans.  Cartman, as usual, was the center of the topic and he still figures out a way to get out on top.  Great premiere and am looking forward to the new season.
Keeper: Yes     Grade 9/10


COMEDY CENTRAL
So I had never heard of this show until it was mentioned on a favorite podcast a day before the South Park season premiere.  What finally drew me to it is that Rob Lowe, Elizabeth Banks and Will Forte will be voice actors on the show.  So I checked it out on Comedy Central's website and I was wonderfully surprised.  Ths show has the crazy feel of most of the newer shows on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.  It constantly keep me laughing and kept my attention.  It take a good deal of immaturity to stay into this show.  Not for the very serious person.  So if you like most shows on Adult Swim, you should love this one.  Airs on Wednesday nights after South Park.
Keeper: Yes     Grade: 8/10
 
 
NBC
Ok.  This review may not be as awesome as the previous ones.  So recent I have been losing my patience with certain variety shows.  There are some I absolutely love like SNL and Who's Line Is It Anyway, then others like America's Got Talent and I Can Do That (or whatever it's called) drives me crazy.to the point I want them cancelled.  Now there is Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris.  I was very hesitant in trying this one out, but then I said, "If I am going to do reviews, I should checkout as much as I can."  and time allows that.  So I did and I will say this, the show is actually pretty good.  Fun, entertaining and maintains attention.  I definitely falls into the current styles of Mr. Harris and I hope he keeps it going.  As for me watching it, I will place this show into my category of white noise meaning if I have nothing else and I am in the mood for something like this I will probably check out the current episode.  I will not go into my device's queue.
Keeper: No      Grade 6/10
 

CW SEED 
The newest addition to the CW (and dear I say it DC) network.   I know Gotham is DC and it is on Fox along with Supergirl on CBS, but come on,  CW has pretty much become the DC Universe home.  You can actually see this show on CW's Seed website and mobile app.  She starts off with an encounter with Arrow and Flash, then moving on to learning about her past.  Episodes average 5 minutes and is completely animated, which I think is perfect because it allows flexibility.  If you love comics and animation you should check out this show.  Good times.
Keeper: Yes     Grade 7/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment