Friday, September 25, 2015

Wednesday Fall '15 Premieres Part One

CBS
Season 31.  The new premise is simply fans chose participants from previous season to get a second chance at the grand prize.  Even those who participated in last spring's season.  They were announced at last season's live finale and they immediately left for Cambodia.  Back to two teams battling out to see who can outwit, outplay and out last everyone else.  Can I say that the more seasons I watch the show, the more annoying Jeff has become.  Does he have to narrate every challenge?  Does he have to be so loud?  He has become so commanding it has been working on my nerves.  This is one of the reasons why The Amazing Race (hail Bruckheimer) has become my favorite reality competition show.  Ok, so as usual I am looking forward to this season.  Other than listening to Jeff (Man, I wish I can mute him) it should be fun.  If I ever stop watching this show, it will probably be because of him.  I know.  Very angry, but it is true.
Status: Keep     Grade 6.5/10


ABC
The crazy and somewhat dysfunctional family is back.  The season premiere of one of my top ten current favorite sitcoms was as funny as the rest.  Mitchell freaks out from not having a job, Jay and Gloria seeks out a school for their youngest child and the Dunphys works on issues of the heart.  As usual, chaos ensues and realizations are made.  It was a great start to the new season.  Not much more to talk about without spoilers.  Enjoy!!!
Status: Keep     Grade 9/10







ABC
The Johnson family takes on a new dilemma as something was used that the family and the school was not expecting.  As they all work to address and try to fix the issue, a lot of conflictions, contradictions, hypocrisies, double standards and what have you were thrown in and it was very disappointing.  I have never laugh and got angry at the same time like that before (as far as I remember).  It is good to see Lawrence Fishburne and Jeninfer Lewis on the show.  Hopefully they will make more appearances during the season.  Like I said about Fresh Off The Boat, I am looking forward to a full season of this show.  Knock on wood, congratulations to Anthony Anderson on making to a second season on a show.  Guys With Kids, Law And Order and K-Ville were really good shows and should have continued on, but the networks said otherwise.  Stupid rating system.
Status: Keep     Grade 7/10




FOX
Morris Chestnut returns to network TV after Nurse Jackie.  Yes, this is a new TV show and not a continuation of the movie starring Jon Voight and Ving Rhames.  Chestnut plays Rosewood, a Pathologist Consultant, who has a tendency to go head first into cases and annoy the Miami Metro PD.  The detective he ends up working with is Annalise Villa, played by Jania Lee Ortiz (Laid Out and The After).  She shows some tremendous skill in detective work and hand-in-hand combat.  It was very impressive.  I don't know how much more they will show, but I am looking forward to it.  Chestnut continues to play these confident, boarding on arrogant, playboy type characters that can become annoying, but later shows that he can be funny and impressive at times.  Anthony Michael Hall guest starred which made me sad because I have always loved when he was working.   We shall see if he will become re-occurring.  I was excited to see Lorraine Toussaint (The Fosters, Forever & Orange Is The New Black) in the show and she is permanent.  This could turn into a good show as long as they continue to have fresh material.  Take a peek.
Status: Keep     Grade: 6.5/10



NBC
The 1st Spin-Off of my all-time television franchises is back for it's 17th season.  They have lost an actor/detective, Danny Pino, from last season.  Benson is still leading her precinct and is running it tight.  This premiere was extremely intriguing as they work with a past serial killer to figure our murders found after his imprisonment.  It leads them to someone on the inside and chaos ensues.  In the midst of this, a new discovery is made shortly after a loss was found, which could slightly compromise the precinct and possibly the show.  This 2 hour premiere was great!  Probably one of the best episodes I have ever seen.  I have always enjoyed working through the investigations with the show as for the most part I am spot on.  I don't think this show will ever disappoint, except for the occasional addition or even more so subtraction of a character.  Oh, and I forgot to mention how I still enjoy seeing Tamara Tunie as she continues with her re-occurring character.  She was part of the primary cast, but them was pushed back for some reason.  Oh well.  That's live or television I guess.  Law and Order fans, stay with this one and NBC, please don't ever shift this show from Wednesday nights.  Change the time, I don't care, but that night is working and there is no reason to move it.  Like you did with CI and the Original Series.  They are proof that moving nights of any show, no matter how big it is, is a very possible death sentence.  A move to Fridays are usually an uh oh, except for some reason, it is working for CBS as The Amazing Race, Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods (originally a summer show) are thriving very well.
Status: Keep Forever!!     Grade 10/10


NOTE!!!!
Will Be On A Late Review Blog Entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment