Sunday, September 6, 2015

It's Been A While

It has been about more than 20 years since I went to my first concert with my roommate Sherina at the time.  The headliners were New Edition with the opening group 702.  This was in Milwaukee, WI at the Bradley Center and it was for my roommate's birthday.  We collected some swag before we left that looks like so:










I cannot wear it now, but hopefully if I lose enough weight, I will sport it someday.  Anyways, It was a great concert, but before and after that, I still rather not attend concerts because I find them very overwhelming.

 More than a decade later I attended a fundraiser event that featured a concert towards the end.  The featured act were the Pointer Sisters.  Like New Edition, I grew up with this group and loved most of their songs.  This was the first concert that I ended up singing along and acting silly.  It was a lot of fun.  I had a blast.  Neutron Dance, Slow Hand and even Jump was performed by these ladies and it was great.  I thank my wife very much for bringing me to that event.

Almost another decade later, in last August 2015 I attended my third concert at the Gexa Engery Pavilion in Dallas, TX.  It featured Kelly Clarkson with Pentatonix, Eric Hutchinson and Abi Ann.  I know the last two (or three) seemed unfamiliar, but they were all great.  I won't go into detail on them, but they are good to check out via Google, Spotify, Apple Music, etc.










Of course, Kelly Clarkson's set was the best and she was hilarious in between songs.  From blaming being emotional on her being knocked up to letting the audience know that she was singing one of her favorite songs and if we didn't like it, suck it (or something like that).  She was just non-stop.  I has stopped buying CDs and even slowed down in downloading.  It's pretty much streaming music for me and I do it on Spotify.  I plan to check out all the albums of the opening acts and Kelly's newest release.

After the concert I told my wife that I would like to attend future concerts there, but I will be very selective on who.  Sorry heavy metal, rock or gangsta rap.  I guess I am coming more out of my shell some more.  I just wanted to share with you my concert experiences and I plan to see more.

Feel free to follow me at InstagramPinterest and/or Twitter @becauseimwil.
Subscribe to my YouTube channels, CocoaVision

And of course, leave your comments below.

Later............

No comments:

Post a Comment